Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Made: Cinnamon Buns

I like to bake. It appeals to my analytical, assembly-line side: I love having everything lined up in little glass dishes on the counter, precisely measured. And yeah, I do pretend I'm on the Food Network, what's it to you?

I don't have much of a knack for cooking. I'm OK but rarely trust my instincts as to how much paprika is enough, and whether the ribs are done. So I stick to baking.

The recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. This woman is amazing and I am currently trying to get her to adopt me. The recipe can be found here.

These are not yet baked - but they looked so cute, like they were cuddling, I had to share:

Some tips:
  • Do let the dough/buns rise as she suggests. They end up bigger, fluffier, and its fun to uncover the dough and be like "HOLY SHIT IT'S HUGE!"
  • Do make extra icing and eat it directly out of the mixing bowl.
  • Do clean the pans quickly after, or else the sugar fuses to the dish and...you will end up hiding it like I did. Let's hope no one looks in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment